I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Where does time go?

Hilton Head
Photo by Weezer
 My daughter recently re-launched her blog and it started me thinking about mine.  This old, old friend that I once was so loyal to.  That 'thing' where every photo I took, every witty clip I heard, every new song I encountered was put to thoughts of how I could incorporate it into my blog.  I didn't realize how much thought it takes to keep a blog going.  Once your thought processes are diverted and taken into another direction, it's very much like reinventing another life.  You just don't think about it.  When I logged in to here, after having to look up my pasword, I found comments from many old blogging friends.  I was missed by many of you and I thank you for wondering about me and my where-abouts.

It's been ten months since I've posted anything on here.  Over those ten months there's been a lot of growth, a lot of scares, a lot of water over the dam, as they say.  Two of my daughters have hit that 30th-or-more birthday and one is very close.  My four granddaughters are all over the age of one, with Cadence Rose turning one this last July.  I've hit the huge mile stone of 60, though I don't feel it, my body reminds me daily that I'm there.  My parents have scared me on more than one occasion with their own health issues.  I made a second mission trip to Belize last April and plans are being made for my third trip this next April.  I've rejoined my diet center and have lost 30 pounds. 

God has tested me and spoken to me like never before.  I'm closer to Him than I ever thought possible.  I'm taking classes at the church School of Theology, learning and becoming more and more acquainted to my Heavenly Daddy.  I'm involved in a Tuesday morning Bible study and have made friends.  I actually have friends.  It's been more years than I can count since I've been able to say that.  How wonderful it is to have people in life who are openly and willingly able to tell you that you're loved and cherished!

Having said all of that, I'm going to tell you that I'm going to get back to all of you.  Honestly, I've been gone so long that I have to relearn how to manage this.  Maybe I can get Jessica to help me update it.  I'll be back soon.  I promise.  And thank you for wondering about me and caring.

 


1 comments:

Angelia Sims said...

You look fabulous! I can't believe Cadence is one year old. Very nice to hear how you are. Keep taking care and God Bless!