I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A local editorial

Do you read the editorial and opinion section of your newspaper?  I don't usually.  So many times when I start to read something from there, it's either way too far over my head, I don't know what they're talking about, or someone is just letting off steam that needs to be contained.  However.  The other morning I had read through the entire paper and still didn't feel like getting up and getting started around the house.  I found this local article.  It speaks such honesty.  I wish I was the kind of person with the courage to express thoughts such as this.  I'm not, but I so agree with his message.  I thought I'd share it.

Preserve nation's Christian principles

     Ever since America was established by its Founding Fathers (who, by the way, were Christians), just about every political, religious or loony individual and/or organization has attempted to change it to suit their own concept of what it out to be, or destroy it altogether.
     During my 80 years, I have seen many changes  some of which I am proud of because I believe they made America more Christ-oriented.  What I don't like is seeing our government giving in to non-Christian principles, under the guise of "being fair to everybody".
     I read nothing in the Constitution that even hints America must be changed to protect or promote the rights of those who want to overthrow or "remake" it.  I say they are welcome here, but if they don't like a "Christian America", then go somewhere else - but don't try to make America into that "somewhere else".
     I am convinced the American citizens are partly to blame for the loss of some of our freedoms.  I believe, from the beginning, any time the authorities demanded or moved in to dismantle a christian symbol, ebvery business and house in the town or city should have erected one in front of their place.  They couldn't have put everybody in jail.
     Itg is too late to start?  Only true Americans can answer that.  Today, when someone bids me 'happy holidays", I answer, "No -merry Christmas".  If everyone would do that, at least that's a start.
     Merry Christmas to everyone.
J.F Rodgers
Clearwater, S.C.


And Merry Christmas to you, Mr. Rodgers.


4 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Amen to that! It's sad to see what's happening in America. I pray for my country of birth often.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

It is nice to hear from an 80 year old wisdom. So true, we are a Christian nation
kim

Coffeypot said...

It always has been and it always will be Merry Christmas.

Angelia Sims said...

Merry Christmas! Let's keep bringing the focus to what Christmas is truly about and where our countries roots are (hopefully in a loving way).