I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

"What it was, was football" (1953)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've been thinking about this monologue since I saw that Andy Griffith was featured in the AARP magazine recently. When I was growing up, we had a record that had this on it.
I hope you'll get a laugh or two out of it. And you don't have to know anything about football to think it's funny.



(from YouTube)
Andy Griffith's famous 1953 stand-up monologue about college football. It has become one of the most beloved comedy recordings of all time.

The illustrations used in this video were drawn by George Woodbridge, a Mad Magazine artist.



4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

One of my all-time favs. I also posted it about a year ago. And I loved his Romeo and Juliette one, too.

Breathing In Grace said...

That's hilarious!!! Thanks for stopping by Jeremiah 29:11 and leaving me such sweet comments. And, about Oprah....I disagree with her on almost EVERYTHING...especially her beliefs in our Lord...or her non-belief, whichever it might be!!!
Blessings to you, Weezer...Deb

Rose said...

this video was so cute. andy's voice seems always the same. rose

Anonymous said...

So funny! Hey, you have been tagged! Come stop by http://abitofsouthernstyle.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/a-little-game-of-tag/ and check it out... ;-)