I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Heading home today from Gatlinburg


Today we leave Gatlinburg and the Great Smokie Mountains to head
back to Augusta.  The city we left behind in Georgia will have gone through its own
changes as everyone there gets ready for the big golf tournament ~
The Masters.
There will be a golf cart sitting in front of every business.
Our grass will need cutting.
The flowering trees will have gone through all their stages of bud to
flower to leaf.
The azaleas will be bursting with color.
The Bradford pears will be dropping their blossoms.
When the girls were still in school, we would coordinate our visit to the mountains
with the first full week in April.
Spring break.
The Masters.
Getting home will be good.
Leaving the mountains always sparks a bit of sadness.
But I've missed my grandbabies.
And my dog, Grace.

Talk to you real soon.
I've missed you.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation. Have a safe trip home. Happy Easter!

Angelia Sims said...

Beautiful! I know it will be good to get back. I bet you feel quite refreshed. :-)