I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.
The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.

Henry Van Dyke (1852–1933)
Fisherman's Luck (1899)



(All photographs taken by me in my yard.)

Spring Will Be Pretty

Spring will be pretty. Just give it a week, When flowers are blooming down by the creek.
Bees will be buzzing as trees start to bud, But for the moment I'm covered with mud.
Snow has been melting, since winter is through, Replacing the whiteness with puddles of goo.
I stepped off the sidewalk and into the ooze. Next thing I knew, I stepped out of my shoes!
Mud on my ankles and mud on my clothes. I stumbled face-first and got mud up my nose.
Spring will be pretty, but I must confess, The first days of spring are a muckety mess!
�Dave Crawley