I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tea for Two


I love a cup of coffee.  I've had few that I didn't like.  I can drink it from the time I get up to right before I go to bed.  Caffeine or not, usually black.  But now, with a "No Smoking" sign hanging over my head, hot tea has become my friend, my sedative, my comfort.
I recently bought myself a new daily devotion book:  The Tea Lover's Devotional by Emilie Barnes.  Now, once a day I sit with a cup of tea and my devotional....and get peaceful.  It's soothing and simple.  Not yet a routine or ritual, but worth making it so.

Teapot is on, the cups are waiting,
Favorite chairs anticipating,
No matter what I have to do,
My friend, there's always time for you.
(Unknown)

I'll be sharing my thoughts and my devotional with you as I go along.
For now, put the kettle on.

1 comments:

Mom said...

How long has it been since we just sat and had a cup of coffee? NO interferences and nothing to keep us from just having one of our "mother/daughter" talks.
I love you.
Mom