I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

my opinion: It's a MUST SEE



This evening Mr. Smith and I went to see our first full-length 3-D movie.  What an experience!  I loved it!


The only other 3-D thing I've ever seen was 'A Bugs World' down at Disney World so this was huge by conparison.  I had seen the trailers on TV about the movie.  Who hasn't seen then?  They've been running for weeks now.  I knew from the first time I saw it that this was a movie I wanted to see.  How can you go wrong with a James Cameron work of this proportion!!  And when I found out that James Horner was doing the sound track for it, Wham!  I was already sold.

I've read several reviews on-line from other movie enthusiasts and they range from being over-publicized to being worth every penny of the $300 million that it cost to produce/direct it.  I guess it's all in what you go to the movies for.  I go to be sucked in to the movie line.  To totally escape from the reality of the real world.  This completely fill that expectation for me.  I was sorry it was over at the end of the 2hours 40 minutes.

For me, it was worth the extra couple of dollars it cost to see it in 3-D.  They've made significant improvements in the glasses required for watching a 3-D movie.  You're peripheral vision is completely blocked so there's no distraction from any of the other patrons sitting to your left or right.

There was no sex!  So if that's what you go to the movies to see, you'll be disappointed.

There were about four curse words that were thrown out by the ex-marine male lead.

The story-line was predictable, but after all these years of making movies, I'm sure it's hard to come up with surprise endings.  The characters were fascinating to watch.  The colors were out of this world.....literally.  It was a journey beyond anything my own senses could create.  It's not like anything I've ever seen before.

So, having said all of that.............go see it!  I'd love to hear what YOU think about it.

3 comments:

Angelia said...

I got to see it last Saturday. I was blown away by the imagination and creativity put into this movie.
I will definitel see it again in theatre. We are going to take Sydney to see it. I just thought it was incredible.

Mama Kayla said...

I also watched Avatar in 3D. My first movie to ever watch in 3D was Disney's A Christmas Carol. I was so impressed that I had to come back to watch Avatar. Definitely a beautiful movie. Can't wait to go back to see Alice in Wonderland as well!

Angelia said...

Shelby has even shown an interest in it. Is it child safe?