I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Book Review: The Max Lucado Christmas Collection


Three Complete Stories:
An Angel's Story
The First Christmas from Heaven's View
Previously published as Cosmic Christmas
Witness first-hand the glory, the wonder, and the battle that took place on the very first Christmas from heaven's perspective.

The Christmas Candle
Nothing out of the ordinary every happens except at Christmastime when a mysterious angel appears in a candlemaker's shop.  The holy and the human collide in a way that forever changes a village.

The Christmas Child
Previously published as The Christmas Cross
A hand-carved manger, a father's guilt, a young girl's faith.  A trip into the past holds the key to othe future and a cross shows the way home.

 I love my Christmas books.  I have a collection that started years ago by buying and reading a new one each Christmas season.  This is actually a re-read from two years ago and I'm so glad to have had the chance to re-visit its pages.  With age, an ever increasing love and appreciation for the Lord and all his mysteries and majesties, and an ever-growing knowledge, I have started to value what I am now reading.  In the past I read them for just another piece of literature, and now I go through each and every page with a hunger for something new.
Max Lucado seems to write to and for me.  I can relate to his characters in his fiction.  The pictures he paints with his words leave me feeling that I have been a part of what I have read.  As with so many of the things I have read of his, I loved this collection.  I anticipate that I will read it again in the next year or so. 
Please, please find a copy and read it. 

0 comments: