I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving and Blessings

I'm thankful today and everyday
 for all the obvious things:
my loving Mom and Diddy who have stood by my side with patience;
a brother and sister-in-law who don't forget me even when I don't stay in touch;
a loving, patient, husband who is also a warm and kind father;
three daughters who love me even when I embarrass them;
three sons-in-law who love me even though we're a bit on the crazy side;
three granddaughters who love their Weezer no matter what;
a mother-in-law who lets me be a wife to her only son and treats me like a daughter;
and
a God that forgives me over and over and loves me without condition.

I'm also thankful for:
blue skies and Georgia red clay
beautiful crosses
 the sound of windchimes
soft t-shirts
quiet times
thunderstorms
fluffy pillows
laughing children
music
hugs
the freedom to pray
ocean waves
rain
flowers
hiking trails
cheeseburgers
rainbows
books
the smell of wet dirt
laughter
sunsets
good tomatoes
gentle breezes
warm socks
pockets
night lights
smiles
kindness from strangers
love from family and friends
coffee
sleep
lipgloss
dragonflies
clothes that fit
flowers
umbrellas
green grass
candles
greeting cards
country roads
pine trees
old photos and the memories they bring
life
sunshine


Another Chance
If we might have a second chance to live the days once more,
and rectify mistakes we've made to even up the score.
If we might have a second chance to use our knowledge gained,
perhaps we might become at least as fine as God ordained.
But we can't retrace our steps, however stands the score.
Tomorrow brings another chance for us to try once more.
~Author Unknown~

3 comments:

Beccalynn said...

YOu're inspiring me to do a THANKFUL post!
And not really anything about Noelle is as tiny as it seems because she's always been big... but in proportion to her size, yes, those feet are tiny and fit nicely in the palm of my hand! I don't play with them nearly enough now that it's sock weather, though! I used to play with them when we were nursing becuase it kept her awake. Now I just let her fall asleep.

Angelia (Texas) said...

Beautiful, beautiful post. Brings such warmth to the page and really is what Thanksgiving is all about.

May God keep the blessings flowing and may your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jessica said...

Beautiful! It must have taken a little while to come up with that list.