I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

No Smoking ~ TWO WEEKS


Well, I'm proud to say that I've hit the two week mark.  And to tell you the truth, it hasn't seemed liked two weeks.   I don't have to tell anyone, not even non-smokers, that it's been hard.  It's been a real challenge and continues to be so.
The drive over to my folks place in Columbus and back was especially hard.  All the way back I munched and ate......yogurt with the pretzels, apples, string cheese, Slim Jims, raisins, peanut butter crackers. (Even now I've got a pretzel stick I'm nibbling on.)  But that's okay.  I'm breathing better.  The cough is definitely better, though I still like my Vicks vaporizer at night. 
I get very restless still.  Sitting and doing nothing has always been a problem with me.  Where I would have gotten up and gone outside to have a cigarette, I just go out and walk around out in the yard.  Over in my folks house it wasn't as easy to do.  But I somehow managed.
If what the ex-smokers and all the reading material is true, I'm about a week away from completely breaking the habit thing.  We'll see.  I'm glad I've had all of you to share this experience with.  Some of you have gone through it and have given me helpful tips.....the yogurt with the pretzels has been great!  Really.
Thanks for all the support and prayers.  Keep 'em coming.
Oh.  I meant to tell all of you that I was almost sabotaged the other day.  I was cleaning out my desk drawer when I found this.
My stash of extra cigarette lighters and I guess an emergency cigarette I had stored back.  Not to worry.  I crumbled it up and flushed it down the toilet.  I stood and stared at it and told myself that I'd come too far.  It probably would have made me sick anyway.
Thanks, y'all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As an old cigarette slogan for Virginia Slims (my preferred brand when I smoked)states: "You've come a long way, baby!" Congrats on hitting your 2 week mark and extra congrats for not succumbing to temptation!

Mama Kayla said...

Amazing! You really are doing amazing! I've heard that two weeks will break any habit. Now if you can just kick the nicotine addiction, you'll be good to go! Good luck!

Jessica said...

You're doing so well, mama, and I'm SO PROUD of you! I always want to ask when I see you, but I know I'm not really supposed to talk about it. =)

Deidra said...

You must be so proud of yourself! Congratulations! I'm still praying for you.