I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

40 years ago today


November 19th, 1969, just six months after my graduation from high school, I started my civil service career at Fort Benning, Georgia as a Clerk Typist, GS-2.  I quit a temporary job as a long-distance telephone operator to go to work with civil service.  I stayed there until I transferred to Fort Monroe, Virginia in 1978.
I had taken my civil service test on a manual (that means 'NOT ELECTRIC) typewriter.  It wasn't exactly like the one here but there wasn't much difference.  You want to talk about something that would work your fingers and wrists!!  They had to be heavy so you wouldn't throw it off your desk when you threw the carriage.

0 comments: