I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A Review ~ "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane"

First off, I need to explain why it is that I'm reading books for children. I've noticed that there's just too many things available for children that I don't think are appropriate for them. My intention is to help my grandchildren grow a library of their own and how will I know what's right for them if I don't read them. So.........

Now, to continue with my review.
  • Another excellent book by Kate DiCamillo that I will make sure the girls have.

  • Recipient of multiple book awards.

  • Written for ages 7 and up. Definitely one that a young reader should be able to read, I think.

  • Beautifully written as a story about a china rabbit and his encounters on an unfortunate and unplanned journey. Why should anyone care what happens to an overdressed china rabbit?

  • Predictable from an adult's point of view but fascinating enough to be entertaining.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, I love it! I can't wait to read this one for Leah - sounds like one I'll love.

I have an idea......I'm going to work on something for you and maybe we can talk about it today....