First off, I need to explain why it is that I'm reading books for children. I've noticed that there's just too many things available for children that I don't think are appropriate for them. My intention is to help my grandchildren grow a library of their own and how will I know what's right for them if I don't read them. So.........
- Another excellent book by Kate DiCamillo that I will make sure the girls have.
- Recipient of multiple book awards.
- Written for ages 7 and up. Definitely one that a young reader should be able to read, I think.
- Beautifully written as a story about a china rabbit and his encounters on an unfortunate and unplanned journey. Why should anyone care what happens to an overdressed china rabbit?
- Predictable from an adult's point of view but fascinating enough to be entertaining.