I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Beesy Bees ~ Update

Well, good ol' boy Bill from the Richmond County Extension Service called me back (twice) about my 'yellow jacket situation'. (I don't have a clue what he looks like but I see Andy of Mayberry in my head when I listen to the messages.) He gave me instructions on how to KILL them. "You can use any aerosol hornet spray or hose in Sevin poison. Just drench the hole and cover it so they can't get out. Do this late in the evening when they're back in the hole. Be careful when you do this 'cause they'll sting you pretty good."
Now. I haven't done anything about killing them.

This is a yellow jacket.

This is NOT a yellow jacket but it looks like what I've got.

I don't want to kill all these bees that I don't think are hurting anything. They surely aren't hurting me and they've had plenty of chances to. I guess I need to call Extension Service Bill back and tell him AGAIN that I don't want to kill them. I think he's going entirely on the fact that I told him that they have nested in the ground. Unless the yellow jackets have hired some other kind of bees to do their work, I don't think there are any yellow jackets around. I haven't seen one in years and years. What would you do?

1 comments:

Angelia said...

Hmm. I got nothin'. If they aren't hurting you or dad I wouldn't do anything either.