I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Beautiful Artwork in the Night

Every night I know they're there. From the patio I can see the light shining on three spiders that have chosen our yard for their own keeping. I see them. Only them. They seem to be moving around in mid-air. They layer their webs across the yard, making certain not to interfere with another's territory. Their artwork completely invisible as I watch. I know not to move around the yard after dark without a flashlight. If there are these three, there must be more. When do they start working? How late do they continue to work? How do they even get started? What it must be like when they're making their giant leaps on the air to attache that first strand of silk. By 8 o'clock the next morning, all signs of them are gone. But I know they'll be back tonight.


1 comments:

Angelia said...

Hey, Mom! I've never commented on your blog I feel likes it time. Your format is great. Betweem yours and Jessica's blogs I feel a little bit more in the loop.
Oh, by the way, where did you get your new ticker? LOL