I love seeing your smiling faces. Join me here at Weezer's Haven.

Where you're coming from.

Monday, June 02, 2008

No wonder I have convulsions....


Sweetie and I were talking the other night about everything that we have going on in our lives right now. We were under the (very wrong) impression that once the girls were grown and we got older that our lives would slow down a bit. Well, not so. That was a very, very wrong assumption. So. What's going on?

1. I haven't worked since the 4th of April and have applied for short-term disability as well as Social Security Disability. My quitting work is about two years earlier than we had expected.

2. Sweetie has moved his retirement date from the end of 2009 to 1 October 2008. No plans, yet, for what he'll do after he retires.

3. Sweetie's mother has sold her home in Montgomery and has bought a place here in Augusta. She will be moved to Augusta on 18 June. She'll be just about 10 minutes away from us here.

4. Our oldest daughter has moved to Greenville, South Carolina with our only grandchild to join her husband, who has been working up there for several months. It's not that far away but further than she's ever been from me. And she's taken my grand baby with her.

5. We have TWO grand babies on the way. One due in mid-November and the other due in mid-January.


Had enough? That's just the basics. No wonder I have 'spells'.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

You're back!

And I have to say I cracked up when I saw that picture when I flipped to this page. I was so used to seeing "Beautiful Women Month" that when I saw that it was quite the surprise. Love it.

You're definitely right - lots going on! It seems to always be that way, doesn't it? I hope I don't add to your stress TOO badly.....................